With the ORIS DM III disappearing hitch™, ACPS Automotive has created a retrofit user-friendly solution that stands out, by virtue of its fast and convenient operation, its robust design and its ease of installation. It maintains the sleek appearance of a vehicle.
The disappearing receiver is located behind the bumper. The ORIS DM-III disappearing hitch™ is only visible, when needed. With just one action the receiver swivels into the operating position and locks instantly. If not needed, the receiver disappears invisibly behind the bumper in the rest position with a single pull on the lever and push back and doesn’t disturb the vehicle design.
- Receiver and socket not visible in resting position – aesthetics of the vehicle are not affected
- Compact and without any cut-out in the bumper
- Elimination of extra parts – decorative trim panel for concealing fixed receiver
- Comfortable and easy to use: no effort needed
- Available on demand without optical design restrictions
- In operating mode in just a few seconds
- Socket swivels out together with the receiver and is ergonomically positioned: no bending and knee hitting
- Waterproof and maintenance-free system
- Robust: safe towing performance for the North American market
Quickly ready for use
At the push of a lever under the vehicle, the receiver swings into the operation position. Pulling the lever fully moves the system to its final position and locks automatically when the lever is released. If the device is not needed, it retracts just as easily and quickly, and the receiver disappears invisibly behind the bumper.
Due to the special geometry of the disappearing process, the disappearing receiver requires hardly any space for its invisible placement in the installation space at the rear of the vehicle.
About the disappearing hitches™ for North America, ORIS is now transferring all its know-how from its OEM sector to the North American Aftermarket. After installation, the towing device is maintenance-free and waterproof.
2″ Size Class III
The new ORIS DM III disappearing hitch™ will be available as follows for independent workshop and fitter customers, who do not yet have a hitch, but would like to have a disappearing hitch™ for their vehicles installed at the fitter next door:
- Model S, Part Number 200-896
>> Fitting instruction, ORIS trailer hitch for Tesla Model S
- Mach-e, Part Number 200-906
>> Fitting instruction, ORIS trailer hitch for Ford Mach-e
- XT-4, Part Number 200-916
>> Fitting instruction, ORIS trailer hitch for Carillac XT-4